Monday, May 5, 2008

Riley's Birthday!!!

My good friend Jonnaysa and her husband Doug threw a 1st birthday bash for their sweet son Riley last Sunday. Susanna had so much fun playing with all the little boys there - she was the only girl, and the youngest. She held her own! She's sitting here laughing recalling the memories right now - I wish you could see her :)

Jonnaysa's sister-in-law Amanda is an extremely talented photographer. She is about to graduate, but has already been working with a highly respected Central PA photographer - Jeremy Hess. (He captured Haydn and Kathy's beautiful wedding back in August.) Anyway, Nicola, who also works with Jeremy Hess, was there to get some great shots of Riley's big celebration. Credits to her for the photos to follow:

















The shirt says it all! He is such a little charmer.


Riley prefers to skip the middleman and go straight from cake to mouth.



Susanna and I watching Riley open presents. This is a nice picture to have for Mother's Day! I don't have too many shots of just me and my little buddy, because I'm usually behind the lens.


It was really exciting to see Riley turn one. I'll never forget Jonnaysa spilling the beans about her pregnancy just before we left for our honeymoon. We've had a lot of fun times (and some not so fun times) planning our weddings, going through pregnancy and learning the ropes of motherhood together. God puts us in the right place at the right time to meet special people in our lives!








Here we are last March, about 6 weeks before Riley's Birth Day. (Yes, we are wearing the same shirt, and no, we didn't try it.)
















Stay tuned for updates about some of my other friends who ran 10 miles in Philadelphia this weekend!!! I'm pretty proud of them!

1 comment:

Jonnaysa Kirkham said...

omg...so cute! Thanks so much for being there. Susanna is going to be a heart breaker, that's for sure. I never saw that picture of us when we were pregos...so cute! Thanks for sharing :)