Jamie came all the up from NC to run it - now that is dedication. Nikki was very gracious to host us all in her cozy Center City apt. and her sister Morgan invited us over for a pre-race meal of spaghetti and pasta salad. All those carbs came in handy the next day when I was faced with the extreme physical challenge of sleeping in and going to Dunkin' Donuts while my friends ran 10 miles.
I'd have to say the highlight of the weekend was preparing to watch the Kentucky Derby. We each chose a horse to "bet" (nothing) on. After we'd gone around the eight of us, there were still obviously lots of horses left over, including some of the favorites, so someone suggested we each pick a second. Realizing a great horse was still up for grabs, Nikki excitedly burst out "Big Brown is my #2!". Hmmm...I think a new nickname is in order. She's at least going to have that exclamation quoted back to her for the next 5-7 years. We don't let things like that go. Right, Haydn? Sara? :)
Here are a few pics of my lovely friends getting ready for bed. Back when we were young, we used to take pictures of us going out - probably an hour later than this, too.
Nikki "Big Brown" Rodgers and Kevin "Hollywood" Kelly. It's always fun with these two around!
Me and Erica. I would never post a picture of her brushing her teeth. I just know better.
Oh, and a fun little restaurant we came across that made me miss my baby:
Oh, and a fun little restaurant we came across that made me miss my baby:
And congrats to Nik, Kev, Jaym, Sarah, Eric, Morgan, Heather and some of their other friends for finishing the race! I know Jamie at least made her goal split time! Well done. I'm so proud of you, I had a bagel and blueberry coffee in your honor.
1 comment:
Hi Kelly,
it's so nice all of you could get together!
Lisa
Post a Comment