Saturday, May 24, 2008

The Foxes get hitched!

My best little buddy since we were 4 years old is having a busy year....just a few short weeks ago she was Miss Katie Szczepanski, and now she is Mrs. Katie Fox, and soon to be, officially, Dr. Katie Fox, MD! Congratulations, Katie! You have a lot to be proud of. And Tom is one very lucky guy.

An extra bonus for this trip was that we got to see my sister! The Szczepanskis are a very important part of our history (and our present). When we moved into Spring Garden St. there was just one house between us...and we wore a path with our bikes, rollerblades and jelly shoes between them multiple times a day! They were a three girl family and so were we. I am just two weeks older than Katie, Krit is just two weeks older than Theresa, and though Laurie is 9 years older than Caroline, their birthdays are just 4 days apart --- weird!

Speaking of weird, we did some really weird things as kids - making up plays where some of the main roles were a deer and a rabbit made with crayons and a paper bag over the head, dancing around to classical music in various costumes, and donning white slips to become our own dance troupe called "the White Roses". One of my favorite memories of childhood is the night Katie and Theresa got to sleep over because their mom was at the hospital giving birth to Caroline. I remember really wondering how the heck that baby was going to come out of her belly...but I was quickly distracted by the fact that I got to be first to hold her because I was the oldest :)


Details will soon follow of Susanna's first plane ride and our whirlwind weekend of visiting old friends in Chicago and South Bend. Until then, let's focus on Katie and Tom's gorgeous wedding ceremony and reception in downtown Chicago.

the vows



Susanna loves Aunt Kritty


family photo op


sisters of the bride...gorgeous


Katie and I enjoying cocktail hour


Krit and T


the beautiful reception


lovely


Caroline and Theresa gave a great MOH toast to their sister and her new husband...
Krit and I were bawling


and then they got us bawling again when we saw this on Katie's bouquet,
a tribute to their mom, Lois, who died in 2004.
She is greatly missed.


"Us." Guess which one of "us" is a little tipsy.


Spring Garden Street Reunion!


Me and my lil' sis

No comments: