Saturday, April 18, 2009

Support Local Businesses

It seems most everyone is putting a tighter reign on their spending in this economy. I've also been thinking very carefully about where the money I do choose to spend is going. Even though big box stores and large-scale production companies and chains may offer a cheaper price, I consider my dollars well spent in supporting local business owners trying to make a living of their passions and feed their families. Today I met Jamie and Andrew Schoenberger at an open house for their Elizabethtown-based business, Epic Photography. Their studio is charming and their work is amazing. After viewing the unique and fabulous shots in their gallery, I would definitely trust them to capture my life's most precious moments.

Check out their website at http://www.epic-photos.com/ and consider them for your next big event! I'll keep the link on my sidebar under wedding vendors and businesses.

And speaking of local...my book club is currently reading Animal,Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver. I expect (and hope) to be inspired to learn more about where our food comes from and to buy more locally. Finding local sources of that most primary of consumer needs should be easier as we get into PA spring and summer. Today was a beautiful start!

No comments: