10 years ago
Sunday, March 16, 2008
A Life Well Lived
It is with a very heavy heart that I share the news of the death of a wonderful man, Barry Hassinger. He was the father of one of my good childhood friends and my softball coach for many years. He invited me along with his family on their weekends at Dewey Beach and kindly treated me just like another one of his daughters. He was an honorable role-model and a man of faith and family. I'll never forget the sound of him calling me "Six," the nickname he gave me when I was probably 8 or 9 years old, and what he called me every time I've seen him since :) I also remember him smiling and shaking his head at me a lot...I don't remember what I was doing, but I think it suggests he had a lot of patience and big heart for me. So long, Barry. You will be greatly missed. Read Barry's Obituary Here
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I can still see him giving me the "bunt" signal by twirling his wedding ring, and the Hassinger Chimney sweep logo on our Pandas uniforms. My heart goes out to his family, he was a great guy.
Post a Comment