You would think the whole basis behind customer service is to save customers time, hassle and grief. Well, it seems that Comcast's mission is to cause all those things. Every month since March, my bill has been wrong because of some automatic computer reflex, some lousy representative or some other problem of unknown origin that requires me to spend a half hour a month on the phone with 1-800-Comcast. My blood pressure rises and heart races each time a bill from Comcast shows up. Sometimes I don't open it for a few days because I know I'm going to freak out when I see it is wrong, again and I'll have to call them, again. I really thought I was going to have a heart attack in August and September since 1) now a spare half-hour is about all I get a day with a newborn, so calling Comcast for the bazillionth time and getting pissed off is not how I want to spend it and 2) our cell phone bill was already over (with the baby waiting and arrival), so I was not too happy to realize I paid 45 cents a minute in overages to try to reclaim wrong charges that I was already told were taken care of! Did I mention this all started because I wanted to cancel my service?
I finally enlisted the help of my sister to watch the baby while I went down to Comcast in person (again, using the majority of my free time and energy for the week), thinking maybe I'd get a better response. It was worse. This woman could not understand the simple mathematical truth that if I have paid you $60 three times over a six month period (with no previous balance) and my total rate is supposed to add up to $23/month, there is no way I can possibly owe you $89.01. I am probably about as patient as people come, but I have come to know a whole new self in this ordeal. I can totally understand this lady: Mona "the Hammer" Shaw and think the disorderly conduct charges were probably worth it. Go Mona!
Like Mona now does, we really enjoy DirectTV (including their great customer service). Susanna has already learned to love NFL Sunday Ticket. Anybody know a great DSL company I can get in Mt. Joy?
2 comments:
I agree and add Cingular and T-Mobile to the list!
Yes, e-mail is still lgreene625 at aol.
When Vincent was born, we went down to basic cable for just the reason you described. We called to cancel cable entirely, wanting only internet, but they explained that basic (not extended basic) included the "discount" on internet that meant that cable with internet was cheaper than internet alone. Crazy, yes? Anyway, we were okay with this until we got about 12 ads in the mail for at&t dsl - including the landline we didn't have before we are paying half what we paid with comcast. It's slower, but we're dealing, and supposedly there is going to be a faster speed available in our area soon for $5 more. When Todd called to cancel, the woman was horrible to him. She wasn't listening to him and was so negative, it made us hate them more than we already did.
Post a Comment