Sunday, May 31, 2009

Toddlerhood Part II: Boo-Boos

Back in April, Susanna got her first bloody nose - I considered it big kid initiation. She ran straight into the bookshelf - never saw it coming, somehow...I'd blame it on my furniture-rearranging habit (it's de-stressing...try it. It will literally change your perspective), but I haven't moved that thing for months. I swear. (Don't ask Jon about that habit. He loves it. Really.)

Anyway, later that week, we went to her friend Riley's 2nd birthday party at the park.

It all started out great...



Then a simple ride on the tire swing that was oh so fun...

...until she slipped right through that big hole in the middle (who knew?) and bumped her head on the ground! Ouch! Lots of crying. Bad parental supervision award goes to...us.



Next: the swings. These little girls swinging next to us were being so careful of Susanna. They stopped swinging every time she came nearby so they wouldn't accidentally swing into her. Susanna was riding happily on my lap. Then, all the stars aligned so that at just the time she decided to hop off my lap the little girl next to us also hopped off and left her swing swinging lightly. Just lightly enough for Susanna to walk in it's path before I could get her out of the way! Ouch! Metal chain to the face. Bloody nose again! A lot more crying and a hundred yards or so of dragging her back to the pavilion kicking and screaming. I think she was more upset that I made her leave the swings to get a napkin for cleanup than she was really hurting that bad.

Daddy took her for a little walk to calm down. It made things better.


Back under the pavilion, Susanna was chasing Riley on the concrete and lost her footing. Ouch! Two skinned knees!

Nothing a little cuddling couldn't remedy...


along with some cupcake. Yum!


All those boo-boos in less than an hour of party....it's not all fun and games!

Remember when we used to socialize at parties? Someday we will have all the time in the world to socialize again, though, and we'll miss fixing the boo-boos, I'm sure :)

1 comment:

Jonnaysa Kirkham said...

hahaha so cute! She was a trooper, that's for sure!