Not only is today extra special because it is my 26th birthday and Susanna's half-birthday, but it's also Mardi Gras, Fausnacht Day, Super Tuesday, and Mexican Constitution Day! (We are also hoping it may be Baby C's birthday....but I talked to the Mama this morning and no signs yet!) We seriously need to have a party. Unfortunately, PA is not among the states that get to cast their votes today, but I will enjoy getting to watch the coverage of the turnout. And though I will be sad if Jon has to work late, he will be glad he doesn't have to watch me watch the coverage.
Today we dropped by Katrina's studio (www.beyondthemoment.com)to pick up some prints from the maternity studio session (way back in June) and the December newborn shoot at our house...finally completing the gift of photographs given to me by my wonderful friends Jamie, Erica, Sara, Lisa, Nikki and Kathy as a baby shower gift. Susanna was all dressed up (for celebration day!) and Katrina couldn't resist taking a few shots on the pink backdrop she already had set up. Check out the picture on her blog http://beyondthemoment.typepad.com/...so sweet! Katrina is so, so talented at capturing people's personalities it just blows me away! She got started in professional photography after she took some beautiful photographs of a friend's baby who unfortunately had a very short life...with the work that I do, I realize so much what an amazing gift it surely was to that family. I wish she could be there for every family experiencing that kind of loss....but she certainly does her best to share her gift with the world and has given us so many memories! I'm blessed to call her a friend.
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment