Sunday, January 13, 2008

Money-maker Baby Product : the Search Continues

So, since Susanna was born and we've been buying all kinds of baby gadgets, my brother-in-law Matt has noted that we could make millions if we could just come up with something new parents couldn't live without. So far, the poop funnel (trust me, you don't want to know more details) and the sound-proof bubble (in which baby is the only one who can hear himself cry) seem more like cruel and unusual punishment for the infant rather than handy for parents. Here's another one that I'm not too sure is worth the "convenience"... http://www.mom4life.com/catalog.php?item=464

I mean, if you really have to go, are you gonna dig that thing out of your already overflowing, huge diaper bag and get a kid strapped in it? Not to mention any objection I might have to hanging a child to the wall. I'm more of a fan of those little seats that are permanently bolted to the inside of the stall. Or just holding them on your lap. (Sounds weird, but trust me, when you have a kid, you'll do it. Going to the bathroom is the least of the one-handed challenges you will master.)

Today my parents had some ideas about false-bottom cups that kept the drink near the top (no need for tilting back really far, but not too much liquid to make the cup too heavy to hold). I think that was the best one so far. Anybody else have a good one?

No comments: